Monday 21 January 2008

january salads


The new salad bed was established in the summer and is still going strong. Rocket has flourished during the mild winter and salad leaves and spring onions are doing well. Herbs and salads like a regular trim to keep them bushy and to encourage new growth. If you look carefully, you can spot one of my trained team of garden assistants who is pecking the tops off the rocket to ensure that we get the bushy growth we need.
We will leave to one side the tell tale muddy footprints that stretch across the paved area from a planter that has been thoroughly 'checked' during routine maintenance!

submit a blog



2 comments:

Pink Heels said...

I came across your blog over the weekend and after about two seconds decided that it was time for me to create my own 'walk and eat garden.' Once the ground thaws, I plan on laying the groundwork (heh, heh). I can't wait!

Rob said...

Even in January there is stuff to munch on!!