Tuesday 5 March 2024

a big concrete mistake ..

Day258 #365DaysWild


I think I must now be up to ten ponds in the garden. All are filled with rain water.

They're places for drinking and bathing. 

Midges and their subsequent larvae congregate.

Some ponds are no bigger than old washing-up bowls.

George's Pond is a big boy with a diameter of twenty metres.

I converted a friends little vegetable garden beds (that were going to the tip) into mini-ponds.

This one is in the Woodland Garden and is snapshot from yesterday.



I bought a pond pump from the auctions and on collection found I'd bought a lump of concrete in the shape of a water pump painted black. What it lacked in quality it made up for in quantity. A huge heavy lump to get in and out of the car.

Part of the partnership felt that this rash purchase vindicated her concerns about my buying strategy.


I hid my mistake in the ivy that grows in the bulb bank in and put this little pond underneath it.

The birds don't seem to mind!

Here, wood pigeon, wren and male blackbird transitioned clunkily. What do expect - Spielberg?!


No comments: