Tuesday 4 September 2007

Blackberry and apple crumble


The golden autumn days begin to arrive.
And with them windfall apples and gorgeous, sweet blackberries. All so abundant this year!
And what better to do than make a blackberry and apple crumble - with custard.
This is the pudding that St. Peter will have waiting for me if I've led a life of virtue.
This crumble looks slightly darker because I used muscavado sugar which is dark brown and gives a distinct, rich taste to the crumble topping. I used muscavado, not because I'm especially pretentious, but because I'm challenged in the 'finding things right in front of you in the cupboard' department. It was pointed out that the other sugar was where it always is - and in the usual container too.
Who cares - flippin' delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
submit a blog



No comments: