Sunday 13 April 2008

I found my thrill....


A holiday to SW Ontario a couple of years ago inspired us to think about growing blueberries. In Canada, in a sweltering August, we bought large containers of fresh blueberries from the farm and gorged ourselves.

This will be the second year for our own blueberry bushes and it is the first time I have had chance to really look at their beautiful flowers.

They say that wood warms you through twice - once when you chop it and the second time when you burn it.

Gardeners have something similar - we get the delight of blossom like this followed by the pleasure of eating the fruit.

Keep it quiet - or everyone will want to join in!

1 comment:

Matron said...

I have 3 blueberry bushes. I bought one for eating and then a tiny one just to pollinate it - then another one..they do really well in pots on my patio here in London. Have just re-potted one into new ericacious compost.