Tuesday 19 August 2008

almost there


Our garden redesign began back in December 2006 and we have steadily moved almost every plant in the garden since then.

By May we had reached the final third of our small garden. The area was an earth bank with sandstone walls. It had been created in 1992 and so was overgrown and unloved.

This was the site in May. A pile of reclaimed sandstone and a stack of old paving stones adorned the area. The variegated euonymous behind the sandstone is the only thing unchanged!

Since then a small patio area has been added and the sandstone walls have been raised to retain the soil more effectively. On the warmest day in August I used reclaimed pieces of trellis and some reclaimed wooden posts to enclose the patio with a low fence. I'm pleased with the results and look forward to seeing it planted and potted.




3 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Wow what a makeover!!! It looks beautiful!!! I love the railing too. Its all just a wonderful setting!!!! Great job!!!

Lisa said...

Looks lovely! And I love the frog visiting in your previous post. I need to get cracking and create a small pond (it's been on my list for ages).

Rob said...

Thanks for the positivity!!!!!
I'm just pleased it hasn't all fallen down yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob