Tuesday 4 November 2008

exercise and gardening


'What is important is that you get exercise'.

That's what a sage said as he watched me barrowing leaves to their new home on Friday.

Exercise?

I'd started the day sweeping the drive; moved on to giving the crab apple the sharpest haircut it has ever had with my ingenious and frustrating lopping device; cleaned out the hens; mowed the wet lawn; tidied the gardens; loaded the car before driving to the allotment; filled one of the compost bins and covered for the winter ; then filled the empty bay with twenty barrows full of soggy and steaming leaves.

Is it any wonder that what followed was a supine evening in front of the T.V. eating anything I could find while watching the new BBC film about Neil Young and then the CSNY Deja Vu film?

Exercise?

5 comments:

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Good work Rob, did you stretch afterwards...? Have I missed something,CSNY Deja Vu film? Tell me more / Tyra

tina said...

I'd say you got plenty of exercise.

Rob said...

Hi Tyra,
BBC ran the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young film Deja Vu on Saturday. It might still be available on BBCi player. I know that the new Neil Young documentary is still available there.
Stretch - I needed a stretcher!
Cheers
Rob

Lisa said...

That sounds like LOTS of exercise to me -- I'm quite tired currently from a long weekend of digging beds and planting.

I'm elated about our election, too -- finally, Americans have re-focused on what we're really about.

Best,
Lisa

Rob said...

I'm just hoping that expectations aren't unrealistically high......