Tuesday 7 December 2010

thank you radio 4!


The cold winter has wrapped itself around us with snow and sub-zero temperatures.

The 'earth as hard as iron' as the hymn says and we are stuck in traffic that can't cope with the freeze.

But all is not lost!

I have belatedly discovered podcasts and eagerly await the next one waiting for me from BBC Radio 4 Natural History. In the past I would occasionally catch part of a programme as I drove home late from a meeting. Those days are behind me!

Now I have ravens, potter wasps, large blue butterflies, doormice, little auks, grass snakes, compost heaps, hedgerows ... never ending subjects unfolding in fascinating succession.

So, when the traffic slows to a stop and red tail lights extend as far as the eye can see, I select and play.

Enjoy! I certainly am!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Rob,
I totally love podcasts (I listen while walking and gardening), and I'll have to see if I can download BBC Radio 4 Natural History. It sounds great!

Lisa

Rob said...

Lisa
Try BBC R4 'A history of the world in 100 objects'. 25 hours of superb listening in 15 minute programmes.
Rob