Sunday 19 June 2011

a handy son ...

Determined not to spend money unnecessarily or be wasteful, we relaid the patio at our little home at the weekend.

I hate those big three foot by two foot paving slabs!
But, I had the great good luck to have a handy son to do the skilled and heavy work while I pottered around in the background.

So, here we have Dave in action and me grabbing a bit of the glory at the end! It is interesting to note that this photo shows conclusively that father is taller than son.

His great work made up for the dodgy Fathers Day card I got!

The relaid patio is a little higher than the lawn and so a box (buxus sempervivens) hedge has been planted to give structure and separation whilst masking the level differences.

9 comments:

Mr McGregor said...

I laid a patio at the weekend too...although I didn't any help from my son! Nice work on the box hedge to cover up the differences in level.

Rob said...

Thanks for comment.
Box now planted and helpful shower of rain tonight to settle it in!
Rob

Mr McGregor said...

Great work, Rob. Hope it all goes well!

Mr McGregor

Linda Harrison said...

Conclusively?????

Rob said...

The camera never lies.

untul tiss said...

If David is interested in doing our driveway in Reinfeld - send hom over.
Free beer David!
UT

Rob said...

If there is free beer, he may also need his father to assist!!
Rob

Lisa said...

You're lucky to have a robust son to help! Nice work on that patio.

Lisa

P.S. Really liked your post about The Wild Garden -- I can't think of any Ligustrum spp. at the moment that are beneficial to have, and lots of reasons NOT to have them.

Rob said...

As we say over this side of the pond 'The boy done good'.
Cheers
Rob