Tuesday 20 December 2011

this weeks work

My thoughts have been with my former colleagues this past week.

Christmas in a primary school ius a special time, but oh, so tiring. And for headteachers, the usual work continues plus all the fun of Christmas. 

So, while I have worked away on site, relaxed and fulfilled, I have thought constantly about the life I have left behind.

So, what have I been up to?

Well, I have had lots of chicken fun and will blog about that later. In the new compost bays that I have constructed from reused fencing wire, you can see the team of 'gardening assistants' giving the compost the once over.







In the border adjacent to Lamins Lane we have been clearing pernicious bramble and nettle in anticipation of planting a 'Christmas border'.









And down on the boundary with Crimea Plantation one man and his scythe have been clearing bramble and bracken to reveal the young oak and cherry trees that are growing there.



2 comments:

Will said...

We found years ago we had to keep the chickens out of our vegetable garden. Not only did they eat bugs, but they ate lettuce and scratched seedlings out of the ground.

Rob said...

I agree Will. They aren't good at being told where to scratch - they are willfull so and so's!! Rob