Sunday 27 September 2020

Kicking up a stink about Seven Trent



I received a customer email from Seven Trent - my water supplier. They talked about  the 'Great Big Nature Boost' they were planning.

I was incensed at this 'greenwash' as I saw it. The company poured raw sewage into our rivers on almost 40,000 occasions last year alone!!!

Our privatised water companies are paying hefty shareholder dividends while continuing to pollute our streams and rivers with raw sewage.

I joined the campaign to get this changed and began with my letter to Liv Garfield CEO of Severn Trent:

27 September 2020


27 September 2020
Email to Mark Spencer MP (my MP and Govt Chief Whip).

28 September 2020
Reply from Mark Spencer MP




The email reply from Seven Trent did not fill me with hope:


9 October 2020


Also copying in the shadow spokesman on the environment on the same day:




13 October 2020
From Shadow Minister Luke Pollard MP





20 October 2020
Philip Dunne MP presented his Bill to end the dumping of raw sewage into rivers to parliament

28 October 2020





1 comment:

Fit Mommy Strong said...

I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing.