Monday 4 February 2008

and I turn into little red riding hood...

Gardeners are most effective when they learn from nature and apply it in their own gardens.
Walking through woodland this weekend I spotted this log. It is hosting some fantastic fungus.

We have created a 'woodland path' in a shaded part of the garden and have placed many logs and sticks beneath shrubs to slowly decay and attract minibeasts and amphibians.

This log inspired me to grow my own food as well as looking after wildlife in my garden. Specially impregnated logs are now available that yield a crop of one of the edible mushrooms. Why not place an impregnated log or two along the woodland path and then as I skip back on my way from collecting the banties eggs I can collect organic home grown mushrooms too?

Further shopping list:

wicker basket
red cape with hood


submit a blog



No comments: