Tuesday 23 September 2008

green pea and avocado humus


Now, why didn't I think of that?

I think that home made humus is much better than the stuff sold in supermarkets.
Chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and tahini if you want. Whizzed up but served chunky.
I'm in heaven!

You may remember the excellent crop of marrowfat peas we harvested this year. I was waxing lyrical about the old English favourite of mushy peas.

Nigella Lawson has much more imagination and makes a green pea humus substituting marrowfat peas for chickpeas and adding avocado.

You can guess what I'll be having a go at over the coming weeks. I'll report results over on veggie adventure.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmm, that sounds delicious. A hummus made of your marrowfat peas, with garlic, cilantro, and avocado. Yum.

Your family is in for a treat.

Rob said...

What a few weeks it's been - and still no hummus.
They say that some days you'll be the statue and some the pigeon. I know which I feel like at the moment!!!!!!!!
I need some cooking therapy..
Rob