Sunday 1 March 2009

topiary


What is more whimsical, and eccentric, and English (?) , than gardens containing topiary?

So, imagine my delight on unwrapping my birthday surprise to find...... a wire form for creating a topiary chicken in the garden!!

Now, I know, that it is only the unusual man who would want such a thing, but I am delighted to say that I live with a woman who recognises that I am such a man - and celebrates it!

So here, she sits, waiting to be filled. I am hoping to buy a standard box bush and to hen shape it over this season.

Fantastic!

And won't small, passing children be delighted.
The small child in me certainly will!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Rob,
I love the whimsical shape of this topiary -- she made a great choice! I'll look forward to seeing it in the future.

Lisa

Rob said...

I can't wait to get to the garden centre to buy a bush. It'll have to wait. Drat!
Rob

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
I love Topiaries! I am trying to grow some rosemary on reindeer forms. The reindeer are recycled Christmas decorations. I had them going well until some cows came in and tore them up)-: I can't wait to see your chicken!