Friday 15 May 2009

daybreak


I talk about managing stress. And a garden for relaxation. Then I'm up as the sun rises, having been unable to sleep again.

But then, there is the chance to enjoy the garden at its most special. The sky was clear and the dawn chorus of blackbirds and dunnocks, wrens and robins was playing. A rooster crowed in the distance. Away from the garden I could hear my first cuckoo of the year. Everything was so fresh and new and green.

Here is our shaded path just as the sun rose. The greenhouse thermometer registered 2 degrees Celsius. The dew on the foliage was icy cold on my skin.

Magical and beautiful.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Rob-
A lovely path, and your post reflects how important our gardens are in creating wonderful experiences.

Cheers,
Lisa

Rob said...

...even early in the morning!!
Rob