Monday 20 February 2012

Edison Cockerel

A man can't do all of this gardening himself. He needs help. This week, I hope to compete our work in the orchard.

One of the jobs is to clear beneath each apple tree so that I can lay a good mulch of manure beneath each tree. By clearing grass, roots and perennial weeds I hope to ensure that the trees have a generous fertility boost to aid their new growth, their blossom and fruiting.


It can be slow and lonely work.

Praise the Lord I'm not alone ...  here's my   crack team of gardening assistants, thoroughly inspecting my work in the orchard and giving it a good peckover.


But a team is only as good as its leader, so today, I introduce Edison, our fine Light Sussex bantam cockerel, to you.


And what a fine figure he cuts.

He's popular with his wives, with us ...and now he's even on Facebook!!


No comments: